Carla, I've had both French and  a German cross.  If you don't mind
clipping bunnies, then the Germans are great.  My German X had lovely
fiber to work with, but he hated to be clipped and had a tendency to
matt.  I'll admit I'm not compulsive about brushing, so part of it was
my fault.  My opinion is German X's do requite more maintenance.  I
currently have a French doe and she is much easier to deal with.  She
also molts easily and will sit for an extended brushing with no
complaints.  The difference might just be individual personality, too.

My personal choice is a French with little guard hair.  I've been told
that plucked is better than clipped, but the difference is minimal - in
my not too humble opinion.  My German did give me more fiber than the
French.  So...  either will be fine depending on your preferences
regarding clipping vs. plucking, and the quality of the bunny
(regardless of the breed).

Good luck with your choice, whichever it may be,

Christine Roth
Lake Oswego, Or

To stop mail temporarily mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
with the message: set nomail  To restore send: set mail

Reply via email to