>I have a black giant Angora. I'm told by a breeder that they're no longer
>called German Angoras, but just Giant Angoras.

German angoras only come in white.

>  I was also told you can't
>pluck them.

Absolutely untrue. And I am amazed at the persistence of this belief 
over the years! The method of harvesting is up to you. In Germany 
they generally shear and in France they generally pluck. This is 
because the yarns are used for different purposes (underwear in 
Germany, handknitting yarn and sweaters in France). We used to have 
over 150 angora rabbits, most of them German, had them for about 10 
years and plucked every one of them.

Marianne

------------------------------------------------------------------
THE WOOLERY       Phone 1-800-441-9665          252-398-4581
P.O. Box 468           Fax 252-398-5974          Supplies for Spinning/
Murfreesboro, NC 27855   [EMAIL PROTECTED]    Weaving/Knitting/Dyeing
                   http://www.thewoolery.com
------------------------------------------------------------------

To stop mail temporarily mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
with the message: set nomail  To restore send: set mail

Reply via email to