Hello,

Somewhat off topic: To store my scanned photos I want to add a second hard
drive.  Does anyone have any experience with the Maxtor Diamond Max 81.9 (EIDE)
GB 5400 rpm hard drive?  Several of the customer reviews have been less than
enthusiastic about this item.  Does anyone have any first hand experience?
Would the Maxtor 60 GB hard drive (EIDE) be a better choice in terms of quality
and functioning properly out of the box? Any experience with their tech support
people (also several negative comments regarding t.s.)?

Also, does anyone have any experience with the Umax Astra 3400 flat bed
scanner.  There is currently a special here in the USA for purchase at $49.95
USD.  It will be used for black and white map/document scanning.  I will also
use it with ColorVison RGB Profiler for Windows to scan the target colormatch
prints to profile my Epson 1270 printer and several inkjet papers (Epson HW
Archival Matte; Somerset Enhanced).  Again, some of the consumer reviews mention
that the scanner software caused problems with other (previously installed)
software.  Any experience/comments either pro or con?

Thank you,

Robert DeCandido