On Jan 17, 2005, at 4:12 PM, Christopher Smith wrote:

On Jan 17, 2005, at 6:05 PM, Chuck Israels wrote:

Hi folks,

Three things (that I can think of, at the moment) happen when converting from 2005 to 2005a:

Some enhanced tuplets with brackets which have been defined as "avoid staff" get messed up. The number appears displaced from its vertical place between the brackets, and nothing (no amount of manual adjustment, which doesn't work as it should), repairs it. Fixing it requires re-doing the tuplet entirely with "avoid staff" off. Ideas?

Also, other tuplet numbers - below staff only - are displaced far from their originally entered vertical position and must be moved manually. ??? Pain in the ass.

These are bugs, as far as I can see. I have tried this switchover now, for the second time. The first time, I posted these results and no one responded. Am I the only one experiencing this?

I get tuplet weirdness all the time. I think we have to wait until it is addressed in the next update. Send MAcSupport a note to be sure they know about it, as I have.

Thanks Chris. Tom Johnson (the Finale guy I see every year at the IAJE convention - a nice guy and a friend) says to mail Scott Yoho ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) if I need a "real" response. My communication with MacSupport used to be excellent, with cordial and informative responses. Not so lately, so Tom suggested this. I will wrote to Scott for suggestions and to report the difficulty. Glad it's not just me, though sorry others are suffering with this too.

Chuck

I remember this from the OS 9 version – you should remove the lite version from the plugin folder (if this is the same issue I remember)

Christopher

Chuck Israels
230 North Garden Terrace
Bellingham, WA 98225-5836