Gerry Kirk wrote:

Whenever I write an arrangement and then create parts via "export," I spend (unnecessary?) time tweaking the individual parts. Specifically, how do I--
--have the name of the instrument appear on all pages following p. 1.
--keep spacing of systems consistent after p. 1
--make page breaks appear where they are beneficial to players (such as at multi-measure rests)

Basically, I guess I am asking where is a tutorial on creating exported parts?

Page breaks must be tweaked by hand, which means that your other request to keep system spacing consistent may not work automatically.

I find that I need to tweak the spacing of systems as well as the number of measures on each system quite frequently to get decent page turns.

As for the name of the instrument appearing on all pages following p. 1, there is no automated way for doing that, since there is no such text block in the original score to export to the parts. It would be a nice function, since the program is able to take the staff name and make it a text block on page 1. You should make a feature request for that!

As for the page breaks, Sibelius has such an automated feature, but from what I have read on the Sibelius list (I haven't used it enough to know if the complaints are justified) it makes for some very interesting pages which contain only a few staves but place a multi-bar rest at the end of the final system, while other pages contain too many systems to be easily read. I'm not sure this is something I want the program figuring out for me.