on 3/20/05 2:34 PM, Paul Hayden at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I recently migrated from a relatively slow G4 to a 2.5GHz G5 and the difference is spectacular. Finale fairly whizzes along.I currently own:
Power Mac G4 (500 MHz) OS X 10.3.5 Finale 2004c
EPS export on this system takes forever, which is one of the reasons I'm going to get a new Power Mac G5 soon. I have an orchestral score and parts due September 1, 2005, for which I'd like to use the new Power Mac G5.
If anyone can shed any light on the following questions, I would appreciate
it:
1. Finale 2005 will probably not work with "Tiger", correct? 2. Do you think it's more likely that MM will update Fin05 for Tiger, or that it will just include that compatibility with Fin06? 3. Any idea when Fin06 will likely ship? 4. I think I should order the Power Mac G5 before Tiger comes out (i.e., soon!), since I have this project due in September. Does this sound like a good idea?
TIA.
I've no reason to suppose that Finale won't be compatible with Tiger. In the past it didn't have problems going from OS7 to 8 or 9.
I think ordering the G5 soon makes sense. You'll zip through your new score and parts.
John
_______________________________________________ Finale mailing list [email protected] http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale
