On 6 Jun 2005 at 20:35, Simon Troup wrote:

> > The real question to us, Finale user, is that would MakeMusic! take
> > a long walk again, as did on OSX?
>
> I would have thought that any loss of time making the adjustment would
> be paid back by closer parallel development in future.

There will be no time savings at all, as Finale doesn't run on top of
the hardware, but on top of the OS. Since the APIs for OS X and
Windows are completely different, there will be absolutely no time
savings in parallel development.

In fact, for most apps designed for the native OS X APIs, surely
there will be very little in the way of changes needed for it to run
on whatever Intel chip Apple chooses to put in its new Macs. Classic
will be much more complicated, though, according to what I've read.

And keep in mind the last line of this article:

http://news.com.com/2100-7341_3-5733756.html

     After Jobs' presentation, Apple Senior Vice President Phil Schiller
     addressed the issue of running Windows on Macs, saying there are no
     plans to sell or support Windows on an Intel-based Mac. "That
     doesn't preclude someone from running it on a Mac. They probably
     will," he said. "We won't do anything to preclude that."

     However, Schiller said the company does not plan to let people run
     Mac OS X on other computer makers' hardware. "We will not allow
     running Mac OS X on anything other than an Apple Mac," he said.

(here's a hint for posting News.com URLs -- cut out the title of the
article and keep only the numeric part. The original URL looked like
this:

http://news.com.com/Apple+throws+the+switch%2C+aligns+with+Intel/2100-
7341_3-5733756.html?tag=nl )