Jacki,

Go to Options/Document Options/Music Spacing and check "Lyrics" under "Avoid collision...." Select measures where lyrics collide, and press 4, then update the layout. If that doesn't solve the problem, you may have to use "Fit Music" to arrange for fewer measures per system.

There are other ways to fix crowded lyrics: Using the Lyric Tool, choose "Adjust Syllables" from the Lyrics Menu. Click on notes with affected syllables, then click on the lower handle and use the arrow keys to nudge them right or left. Another possibility is to decrease the point size for all the lyrics. The best solution may be a combination of these methods.

Good luck!

Hal

Hi - I'm working on a song and even though I've chosen for it not to let
lyrics collide, they are doing so!  Instead of manually having to space out
every single spot this is happening, is there some automatic way of doing
this?!

Thanks!

Jacki

Harold Owen