On 04 Jul 2005, at 8:53 PM, Owain Sutton wrote:

Forgot to mention - I'm in England, so referrals to US stores won't be too much help! :)

Also - as a PC-type, I think of the monitor as completely separate from the computer. And I like multi-monitor displays. I like to be able to set everything up however I want. Within reaons ;)\

Owain,

If you want a multi-monitor display, you will need to get a G5 tower.

If you're okay with a single-monitor display, the 1.42 GHz Mac mini (which is what I have) is terrific value for the money. Just make sure you get at least 512 MB of RAM. I also highly recommend the Apple wireless keyboard and any Bluetooth mouse.

Any of the Macs in Apple's current lineup will run Fin2k5 more than adequately. However, if you are interested in GPO, I would recommend at minimum the single 1.8 GHz G5 with 2 GB of RAM. (You can get away with GPO on my machine -- 1.42 GHz Mac mini, 1 GB RAM -- but you have to make a lot of compromises.)

The best place to buy is probably the UK Apple store, because you can configure your own custom machine:

http://store.apple.com/Apple/WebObjects/ukstore

They also do price-matching.

- Darcy
-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brooklyn, NY

_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to