Owain Sutton / 2005/07/05 / 08:21 PM wrote:

>If I were to get a Mac with the main purpose being running Finale, what
>should I look for in terms of specifications?  What would be the minimum
>to run Fin2k5 satisfactorily, or well,...?  (FWIW I'm not worried about
>playback, etc. - final printed scores is my concern :) )

The way I do, I get the best one available at the moment, and never
depend on anything that is the 1st generation from Apple!

If I were you, I'd go for either G5 dual 2.7GHz or AlBook(Powerbook)15"
1.67GHz.  Better machine lasts longer.  However, as my Dual 2.5GHz also
is, the machine which has Liquid Cooling System means the CPU is over-
clocked.  If you want to play safe, go with one which doesn't have it.

To me, SuperDrive is very important because it would make backup
easier.  On the other hand, I wasn't able to determine if PCI-X is
really important to my needs especially it means AMD Hyper-Transport bug
inside, but I went with Dual 2.5GHz anyway and hoping I will have enough
power for a while.

--

- Hiro

Hiroaki Honshuku, A-NO-NE Music, Boston, MA
<http://a-no-ne.com> <http://anonemusic.com>