On Jul 4, 2005, at 8:21 PM, Owain Sutton wrote:

I'd temped by the idea of getting a Mac, because I end up supplying stuff to people and I'd like to know that they're getting what I've sent!

If I were to get a Mac with the main purpose being running Finale, what should I look for in terms of specifications? What would be the minimum to run Fin2k5 satisfactorily, or well,...? (FWIW I'm not worried about playback, etc. - final printed scores is my concern :) )



Hmm, what do you mean by "I'd like to know that they're getting what I've sent"?

If you're only talking about Finale, any possible cross-platform issues between the Mac and PC versions are taken care of by

1) making sure that the files have the .mus extension
2) zipping the file before you send it, especially if one of you is on AOL 3) if you are sending a .lib file, don't. Instead send a .mus file with the library loaded, and let the receiver extract the library himself.

Other than that, the Mac's EPS creation and built-in PDF creation is the only real advantage over the PC.

I am a Macker myself, but I wouldn't want you to spend your money needlessly.

Christopher

_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to