David W. Fenton / 2005/09/26 / 02:22 PM wrote:

>an in that regard, it's superb -- MP3s
>always sound significantly better played from iTunes than from any
>other player I have. I wish I knew what iTunes was doing

It's all depends on decoder.
For example, iPod had never been able to playback MP3 as good as AAC
until the 4th gen, ClickWheel.  I had two of the 1st gen, and am using
3rd gen right now.  MP3 is a full of artifacts which can not be heard if
played directly from iTunes.

By the way, any of the compressed file format such as MP3, you will hear
artifacts at the end of the reverberation.

--

- Hiro

Hiroaki Honshuku, A-NO-NE Music, Boston, MA
<http://a-no-ne.com> <http://anonemusic.com>