At 10:39 PM 1/18/06 +0000, Colin Broom wrote:
>My old Epson Stylus color 760 has finally given up on me and I need to get a
>new printer.  I'm well aware that a laser printer would probably give better
>results, but as I do ocassionaly need colour printouts (and can't afford a
>colour laser) and don't have too many complaints about inkjet printouts, I
>think I'm going to stick with them for the timebeing.  Anyone got any
>recommendations?
>I'm looking at the Canon Pixma iP4000, which has been getting relativelyt
>good reviews.  Anyone used it for score printing?

I have one. It chews up ink rapidly, and its output is average.

I also have an HP 1220 (12x19, old and lower resolution, very poor paper
handling), Epson R200 (very nice), an old Xerox P12 laser (very durable and
takes abuse with all sorts of stock), and a Brother laser in a box
(acceptable as a backup; it was a $99 closeout, and has good paper
handling). I've burned through four other HP inkjets and would never buy
another HP, though I hear their lasers are better.

The Epson is my favorite inkjet so far, with great paper handling and low
ink costs (it uses a lot of ink, but it's cheap in bulk).

Dennis