On PC, they made CTRL-3 a "view %," much to everyone's chagrin. You can use numpad 3 for now, 
but MM seems to understand their mistake & have "promised" to change it in the maint. 
release.


From: dhbailey
Sent: Sat 25-Aug-07 8:08
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [Finale] Finale has a mind of its own


Chuck Israels wrote:
I have a figure - two triplet 8ths on the downbeat of a 4/4 measure, and every time I copy it vertically (haven't tried horizontal) it changes the remaining rests from a quarter and a half to 2 8ths and a half. What's up with that?


Sometimes in the past, changing the settings in the quantization dialog has helped. There's an option to soften syncopations -- check that box and see if it helps in this situation.

On a side note, I just tried to recreate your example using Speedy Entry in Fin2008 and was chagrined to find that ctrl-3 didn't initiate a triplet. When I tried to open the help system to find how to initiate a triplet in Speedy Entry these days it froze and I was forced to use ctrl-alt-del to exit from Fin2008.

Why would they remove a perfectly fine working key-combination from Speedy Entry?




--
David H. Bailey
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale
_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to