I assume you are communicating with MM about this. I have expressed
my concerns, but I have also made some mistakes they discovered, and
I'm afraid that these things may have watered down the effect of my
concerns.
Chuck
On Sep 5, 2007, at 5:38 PM, Christopher Smith wrote:
Man, am I about fed up with Finale 2008 and all the freakin',
stupid, time-wasting, hair-pulling, inconsistent bugs (and the
consistent ones, too, that they haven't gotten around to!)
I created a new document. I didn't even use a Style document,
because that had given me file corruption twice before. I used the
bone-stock standard Engraver default. I started entering music. I
wasn't even finished the first staff when I noticed that all of my
upward-bending ties were too low and colliding with the noteheads.
I checked extensively tie settings (comparing them with older
documents) and different combinations of tied notes, and concluded
that there was something fishy going on (thanks Darcy for
confirming this privately.)
Suspecting file corruption (as has happened more often than not
with my Finale 2008 documents) I copied the contents to a fresh
document. That did it. Ties are fixed.
What in the blue blazes makes 2008 so susceptible to file
corruption? I was warned against clearing old files to use as
templates for new works, as this leads to file corruption. But
EVERYTHING seems to lead to file corruption! I have maybe done two
projects in 2008 that DIDN'T have some sort of problem, and they
were both short, small things.
I am now officially giving up on 2008. I am going back to 2007, and
maybe even to 2006 for things that don't need linked parts, so as
to avoid the stupid Enharmonic Flip bug that showed up in 2007
Speedy Entry.
Christopher
_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale
Chuck Israels
230 North Garden Terrace
Bellingham, WA 98225-5836
phone (360) 671-3402
fax (360) 676-6055
www.chuckisraels.com
_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale