At 09:55 AM 12/11/2007, shirling & neueweise wrote:
>since 2007 finale updates the layout before printing: check your undo
>menu after printing.

Interesting thought, but nothing interesting in my case. I opened a doc and printed it, and the only thing in the Undo menu was 'Print Score Dialog'. And the print did not match the display.

>until updating).  i think it is always best to lock systems anyways,
>for various reasons, and always do so after doing the most basic
>layout planning.

I don't like doing that because not infrequently I will revisit a score to make some corrections, and those corrections would result in measures reflowing across a few systems. If I've locked everything, then there's no way for me to distinguish visually systems I locked for a specific reason (to fix a page turn, e.g.). So if I make a change, I need to unlock at least that system and the one after it, to see if anything needs to reflow, and then it just keeps cascading. I'd rather lock only the systems I need to and let the rest take care of themselves.

Thanks,
Aaron.