I don't think the crazy slurs are that rare. I see them in just about
every piece (MacFin07) I work on. My guess is if people have stopped
talking about it at the forums, it is because it is pointless to keep
talking about something in a world where no bugs will be fixed.

On Dec 7, 2007 12:06 AM, Johannes Gebauer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 07.12.2007 Tyler Turner wrote:
> > Yes, this one is a bug. The algorithm is causing a
> > completely different shape for the slur at one viewing
> > size than another. To give you some idea, the center
> > of a slur on a normal printout could be more than an
> > inch away from where you see it on screen (relative to
> > nearby objects). It's not a subtle difference on the
> > order of a few pixels. It's as if a 2 year old drew
> > that particular slur by hand - but it looks fine in
> > Finale at some resolutions, so you aren't aware of the
> > problem until printout. It's rare, and I never hear
> > about it on the MakeMusic forum any longer, but the
> > fact it exists does mean you have to watch out for it
> > or do something to prevent it.
>
> These slurs are indeed rare, but the bug also includes slurs which have
> their tips crash into the staff lines. I realize that many people don't
> even notice, but I do, and it bothers me. It is definitely a bug.
>
> Johannes
> --
> http://www.musikmanufaktur.com
> http://www.camerata-berolinensis.de
>
> _______________________________________________
> Finale mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale
>
_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to