David (Fenton) - to answer your questions:

No router; the computer is directly plugged into the DSL modem.

And the computer hasn't been ID'd as 'Les.'   The oddity to me is that I only 
have this problem with the shsu server.   And - of course as you note: 
indiscriminately so.    Some times, no prob; other times: bingo.   I do a 
rather large amount of e-mailing every day and to a pretty far-flung number of 
recipient ISPs....but never (to my obvious knowledge) experience this sort of 
tagging elsewhere.

As sidebar: The past problem which I noted between my ISP and AOL arose from 
client(s) of STI either having their addresses used as forged headers by a 
spammer, or STI clients having their computers actually be hijacked by a 
spammer or -- an STI client was an actual spammer.    And consequently, AOL 
identified the .sti domain as a spam source and blacklisted the entire domain, 
or so I discovered: any e-mail from any STI client was automatically bounced by 
AOL itself -- at least that's what I was told.   STI is a relatively large 
server covering a good chunk of Central California.    Thousands of clients who 
may have been victimized.   Me?    Naw.   The computer is larded with anti-spy, 
anti-viral, anti-bot....you name it, scrupulously kept up-to-date.       

But in any case, David --- I really do appreciate (and enjoy) your e-tective 
work.    And am more than satisfied to play Watson to your Holmes.

Best,

Les

Les Marsden
Founding Music Director and Conductor, 
The Mariposa Symphony Orchestra
Music and Mariposa?  Ahhhhh, Paradise!!!
 
http://arts-mariposa.org/symphony.html
http://www.geocities.com/~jbenz/lesbio.html 
_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to