On Jan 31, 2008, at 12:18 PM, jerry kalaf wrote:

does anyone have any ideas about this. I'm on a G5 w/10.4.11 and have been using 2008 for months. nothing has been installed or changed. the program quits as the splash screen is done initializing midi and long enough to re-establish preferences. by the way I have removed preferences and receipts and re-installed the program.

I'm sorry to say that I don't have any ideas about this. I've not been able to get 2008(a) to run on my computer. I gave up after a month of following the reasonable advice of others on this list and of the tech support at MM. Refer to Case: 070920-000411 if you contact them. It seemed to me that it had to do with the interface of core audio, the motu pci card that I use (and its software drivers) with MM. Hiro even went so far at one point as to install an identical card on one of his computers to try to replicate, but had no success. He spent a lot of time on it too. I went as far as to copy my system to a different disk and then from there did a complete format and install of a new system. F2008 would run until I installed the pci software and the motu sequencer. Since I use that program the most, I've decided to just stay at F2007 until something changes. Interesting that you had it working for a while and then it stopped. Others that use the motu gear and software on this list have no problems, so it's not a simple thing. Let us know how you make out.

Best of Luck

Dick H

1224                            G5 Dual 2 Ghz
2408 MkII                       4  Gig
MTPAV                           OSX 10.4.11
Morpheus                        DP 5.13
DMPro                           Clockworks v 1.51
Cuemix Console v 1.42
PCI Audio Midi Set up v 1.31