Dean M. Estabrook wrote:
Inre Sib 5, I still have not been able, no matter what I adjust, to make the Sib 5 playback sounds (Sound Essentials) even remotely sound as good as Fin. bundled GPO samples. At best, they sound tinny, pretty much like Fin non-GPO sounds. I'm really disappointed with that.

Many of the Sound Essentials sounds are just like the Finale non-GPO sounds.

But many of the Sibelius sounds are from GPO and other high-quality sample libraries, so if you select the correct instrument in the Mixer window, you should get just as nice sounds. Not all Sibelius sounds have to come from the Sounds Essentials Library.

--
David H. Bailey