Richard Huggins wrote:
I have a piece for flute, oboe and piano. I want to add continuous
data, specifically the sostenuto pedaling, so that playback is right.
How do I do that?
Here's one way I've done it.
1) Define an expression indicating Sostenuto on. [NB I've used both text
expressions, and shape expressions as required.]
2) Open "playback dialog". For "type" choose "controller" from the drop
down list; in the small box to the right of the drop down list, enter
the number "64" (or choose "64-Sostenuto pedal" from the drop down list
that appears in the box to the right of the small box.
Under "effect" choose "set to value", and set the value to 127.
3) Define an expression for Sostenuto off
4) Set the playback dialog in number 2 as above, except set the value to 0.
Expressions are now ready to be used at will. I have occasionally made
the "sostenuto off" a "display on screen only" expression.
ns
_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale