Haroldo

Did you initially name staves 1 and 2 using the staff attributes dialog? I ask, because the behavior is consistent with your not having done so. Staff attribute names are specialized text blocks. If you open the text block editing dialog it is possible to scan all text blocks, and you will find you can edit the staff attribute names in the text block editing dialog box. However, doing so causes behavior I don't yet know how to predict.

My first guess, is that if you open the dialog box, you will indeed find the staff names "flute", and "a" and "b". The reason you see flute, is that the text blocks created with the staff attribute dialog (in your case "a" and "b") are drawn earlier than the other text blocks, and that the other text blocks overwrite the "a' and "b".

ns

Hi,
In this document, containing 3 staves, I have named staves 1 and 2 "Flute" (each). The 
word "Flute" appears on the score, as expected, at the staves' 1 and 2 left side. Staff 3 
had no name.

I opened the Staff Atributes dialog, clicked the "edit" button for "Full Name" and typed "a" for staff 1, and repeated 
the process for the other staves as following: "b" for staff 2  and "c" for the third staff. THe result was unexpected. Staff 3 
shows "c" but staves 1 and 2 keep showing "Flute".

If I open the editing fields to rename staves 1 and 2 I see "a" and "b" already there. 
But in the score is "Flute" that shows. Interesting... I'd like to know what is causing this. 
Thanks.

Harold
_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale



_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to