Hi Henry,

Hmm...


I never found the USER/AppData/Local/VirtualStore/Program Files/Finale 2009 .ini files, and I didn't delete the FINMIDI.ini because it had an old date, but deleting the finale.ini took care of the problems, as far as I can tell.


Many thanks!


Ray


P.S. (OT) Do you know Tom Izzo? I'll post on Trombone-L about his visit, and trying a bunch of his odd trombones tonight, or soon. Nothing earth-shattering, but I mentioned your name once and he seemed to know you.


Howey, Henry wrote:
Ray,

I suspect these are MORE of the problems associated with the FINALE and FINMIDI 
".ini" files. The real problem is that on PCs it is not soluble by merely 
deleting the files in the PROGRAM FILES folder, but one must also delete these files in 
the USER/AppData/Local/VirtualStore/Program Files/Finale 2009 location as well;-(


Henry Howey
Professor of Music
  Sam Houston State University
  Box 2208
  Huntsville, TX  77341
  (936) 294-1364
  http://www.shsu.edu/music/faculty/howey.php
  Owner of FINALE Discussion List
________________________________________
From: Ray Horton [[email protected]]
Sent: Sunday, May 03, 2009 5:33 PM
To: finale
Subject: [Finale] Bizarre FinWin 2009b behavior

This is bizarre.  All of a sudden Finale (Windows) 2009b has started
acting strangely.


First, many functions do not redraw the screen, making it appear that no
action occurs.   My first sign of this -  I highlight the first bar, hit
"delete" - nothing, so I hit "delete" again - nothing.  Try it a third
time - nothing.  Then I look at the end of the file to check something,
come back, and, you guessed it, I have deleted three bars at the
beginning!


Also, "Undo" does not work - Ctrl-Z does nothing, and the undo- redo
functions under the "Edit" menu are grayed out.


I rebooted the computer but no change.  There may be other strangeness
that I have not yet observed.  Is my best bet to reinstall?


Thanks,

Raymond Horton


_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to