On Jun 14, 2009, at 5:37 PM, David W. Fenton wrote:

On 14 Jun 2009 at 8:58, Howey, Henry wrote:

I'm working in 2010 and find that fermatas on rests persist in lying below a rest when the choices made in the selection box designate that they are
above the note. This is a new bug.

I've always wondered why the default fermata articulation has
over/under definitions. I've never seen a score that puts the fermata
anywhere but OVER the staff, and always have to change this when I
end up with a file that uses the defaults.

This has always struck me as one of the places where the Finale
defaults are just wrong.

Yes, same thing for marcatos, that have only ever been inverted V's OVER the staff until Finale made non-inverted (verted?) V's under the staff the norm when stems are up. I have no proof, but I think Finale invented that one.

Christopher