Yes, and I am aware of that, but what I don't understand is why three backups
of the corrupted file went bad all at once. As I was working on the score, I
had three backups, one of them was the auto saved ".asv.mus", saved just a few
minutes before.  Finale became irresponsive and I had to force quit. When I
tried to open the file, after restart, I got the error message. So I double
clicked first the "asv.mus" backup, which gave me the same error (weird...)
then I tried a "saved as" from about 10 minutes before, with no luck, and then
a backup on another disk, of about 20 minutes before. Same error -39 in all
files. Any ideas?

Haroldcopy

At 21:06 -0400 07/05/10, Darcy James Argue wrote:
>Guys,
>
>Haroldo is suffering from file corruption (error. -39). A quick search of
>http://support.apple.com reveals the following:
>
>http://support.apple.com/kb/TA46648?viewlocale=en_US
>
>> The -39 error is an "End Of File" error. The most likely cause of the error
>> is a corrupt data file. The only real fix is to restore the data file from a
>> backup or recreate it if there isn't a good backup available.
>

>No amount of disk repair is going to help. Those files are toast. He is,
>unfortunately, SOL.
>
>All he can do is revert to an earlier version, which he has already done.
>
>Cheers,
>
>- DJA
>-----
>WEB: http://www.secretsocietymusic.org
>
>On 7 May 2010, at 8:45 PM, Eric Dannewitz wrote:
>
>> Repairing permissions isn't going to help
>>
>> Reboot, hold down APPLE and the S key and do the fsck it says to do.

>>> I did reboot, I trashed the preferences file, I repaired the permissions. I
>>> also had a fourth back up copy on an external disk which also gives me the
>>> same error. All together there are four copies of documents corrupted,
>>> showing the same error (-39) and they all are zero KB. I did back up my
>>> work, because this happened before, but it seems it is no use backing up
>>> any way. The latest usable copy I have is one I "saved as"  yesterday ,
>>> with a different name. But today's work is gone, many hours of it. Thanks
>>> for replying.
>>> Harold