On 1 Feb 2011, at 16:06, Jari Williamsson wrote:

IIRC, Igor supported slurs as well in entry mode?

Yes.

Articulations, Key/Time/Clef changes and Expressions at entry time are supported in Finale Simple Entry (but not hairpins and slurs).

I find simple entry in Finale or Igor unusable for proper work.

The versions I ran of Igor had very poor slurs. It was a pain to produce balanced slurs if there was colliding elements. And sometimes a really crazy anti-colliding system.

1.4 solved a lot of these. Like Finale the settings could be adapted.

The freezing of objects was absolutely essential feature to get Igor to produce any logical output IMO.

I did have a very strict workflow otherwise early Igor could be quite wild. By 1.7 it was a lot more stable.

I think its strength was that Peter Bengtson the original author knew as much about composing and engraving as programming.

Also the users and beta testers mostly had a lot of input.

Steve P.
_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to