On Sep 27, 2011, at 8:45 AM, Peter Taylor wrote:

> I have a problem I've never had to deal with before.  I'm using
> WinFin 2005.
>
> I know how to insert word extensions that cover two or more notes.
> How do
> you insert one within
> the span of one note?  (The opposite of a melisma).
>
> I'm working on a choral score for a Mass.  One bar contains a breve
> (double
> whole note), on which the Celebrant has to sing :
>
> | _______ and lead us to _____________ e | ternal  ("ternal" being
> in the
> next bar).
>
> My client has hand-drawn extension lines on her m/s score before
> "and" and
> between "to" and "e" as shown, presumably to indicate to the
> Celebrant to
> draw out these syllables.  I'm sure there's a workaround for this,
> there
> always is!
>
> Help much appreciated.  Thanks.

The perfect drive......a diminishing sphere of white impaling the azure
heavens in a graceful elliptic........height and distance vying for
supremacy......compatriot's jowls lax, eyes huge, their raucous paeans
thinly veiling jealousy......one stroke justifying a capricious
investment
in the titanium industry.

Dean M. Estabrook

http://sites.google.com/site/deanestabrook/