Peter.

In chant notation when several syllables are to be chanted on a
single tone, no extensions are needed. If the choir sings a sustained
chord (or unison} against a cantor or priest, there should still be
no word extensions.

Hal Owen

>Can you not do this with an underscore on the keyboard?
>
>On 27 September 2011 16:45, Peter Taylor <pe...@euphonium.plus.com> wrote:
>

>>  | _______ and lead us to _____________ e | ternal  ("ternal" being in the
>>  next bar).
>>
>>  My client has hand-drawn extension lines on her m/s score before "and" and
>>  between "to" and "e" as shown, presumably to indicate to the Celebrant to
>>  draw out these syllables.  I'm sure there's a workaround for this, there
>>  always is!
>>
>>  Help much appreciated.  Thanks.

>--
>Lawrenceyates.co.uk

Harold Owen
1375 Olive Street #402, Eugene, OR 97401
mailto:hjo...@uoregon.edu
Visit my web site at:
http://uoregon.edu/~hjowen/
FAX: (509) 461-3608