On 9/14/2012 8:11 PM, Stephen Cronin wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> In FinMac 2012b I'm trying to create an ana crusis/pick-up for an excerpt in 
> the middle of an exam paper for my students. The first example has voice and 
> piano; the second which needs the ana crusis is piano only with the voice 
> staff hidden. The Mirror Tool placeholder dialogues work as usual but the 
> placeholder doesn't appear. (I have tried with the empty staff both hidden 
> and visible.)
>
> I have used the workaround (changed and hidden metre for the ana crusis) but 
> am curious as to why the Mirror Tool seems to be misbehaving.
>

Has the mirror tool ever not misbehaved?  It seems that it is the 
least-discussed tool in Finale because nobody can get it to work very well.

I'm curious as to why you would be using the mirror tool to create this 
example -- how would that help with an anacrusis (it's one word by the way)?

The only way I've ever read about or used for creating a pickup is by 
manipulating the meter -- create one that, for example, says 1/8 for an 
anacrusis in a work which is in 4/4 and in the time signature dialogue 
selecting More Options and then defining the Time Signature For Display 
to be 4/4, and then in the measure after the anacrusis changing the 
meter to be 4/4, which won't display since it's not a change from what 
was displayed previously so there's no need to hide it.

Or am I misunderstanding the problem?



-- 
David H. Bailey
[email protected]
_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to