On Sat Sep 15, at SaturdaySep 15 12:30 PM, SN jef chippewa wrote: > >> I use it for dealing with wishy-washy clients in pieces with >> repeated material. > > hm, nice opening. > > based on the amount of discussion here over the years about this tool > i can only assume one of two things: > > 1) it actually works largely as most users would want it to; or > 2) it is the most underused tool in finale > > christopher, why do you convert (the music, not your religion) in the > end? i admit i do this often as well for some unexplainable reason, > perhaps a completely irrational fear of leaving automated things in > finale untouched, or something equally silly... >
You nailed it, actually. I want to be able to open the file much later and not worry about tricky things that I won't be able to deal with because I won't remember what I did. Also, I generally need to be able to vary things somewhat from one repeated section to the next, and I'll HAVE to convert it. Even if it's just something small like adding an eighth note to allow for a slightly different scan in the lyrics, or maybe adding some extra motor in the accompaniment, or whatever. So once the client has signed off on the first iteration, I'm clear. Unfortunately, that doesn't always prevent the client from changing his mind later... Christopher _______________________________________________ Finale mailing list [email protected] http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale
