On Sun, January 22, 2017 2:49 pm, Giovanni Andreani wrote:
> I had the same problem with a string orchestra piece; fortunately, it was
> divided in three movements so, in my case, three chunks where easy enough to
> obtain. Exporting (with HP) from each single movement had then no issues, and
> I remember spending time trying to identify those articulations or other signs
> that would have negatively affected the audio playback. The fact the file was
> a "long" one was then to be the cause of the issue: how long and what
> practical problems where to be the real cause remained and still remain a
> mystery. Nevertheless, the major problems I encountered with long files is
> more related with lyrics, messing up and disappearing here and there, but
> that's another story...

Thanks for the confirmation of the issue. I now have a composing version of
the current part of the piece and a full version (where I paste into place
each new portion).

To create playback versions, I split in half the full version after edits are
made, and save the audio.

Now one MORE question on audio. Is this a known issue? In places with long
tuplet notes (such as 2 whole in a bar of 9/4), the long notes begin to
stutter and disappear, coming back only with a new phrase after a rest. The
upper parts sometimes overlap the (invisible) barlines, and also have many
tuplets and removed stems to create a melisma. This is in playback and saved
audio.

Heading off for a long teaching day, so will check back tonight if anyone has
advice.

Dennis