If I were making a fink CD, here is what I would do:

  Make a package which uses the Apple installer to install a bunch of .deb
  files into /sw/fink/debs and a bunch of source files into /sw/src,
  after fink has been installed.

The advantage is that you don't have to have a high-bandwidth internet
connection to get everything this way.  There have been requests on
fink-users and fink-beginners for such a thing, from time to time.

(Sure, there are other possible solutions like implementing advanced Debian
tools that can pull stuff off CDs, but my solution is a simple one for
someone who has more spare disk space than bandwidth.)

Having such a CD available would not exactly make OpenOSX.org irrelevant,
but it might encourage them to concentrate on the added value which they
purport to provide, namely, providing installation and usage help to
their customers.  That, after all, is Red Hat's business model.

  -- Dave