Am Mittwoch den, 10. April 2002, um 06:39, schrieb Max Horn:

> 3) Yeah, having a logo would be nice for a CD, and for other stuff,
> too, but I don't see it as a strict requirement... OK, Justin? 8-)

In the 60's here in the US we had a 'Rat Fink' icon... but anyway...

> 4) Face it, it's not that trivial to make one, at least if you are not
> willing to do a sloppy job. Sure, anybody can quickly make an ISO. But
> for this, we'll want to test it well, and make sure it really works out
> of the box. Also, it would be nice to provide as much convenience as
> possible (see 2).
> In the IT business, you quickly learn that Quality Assurance can easily
> eat as much time as programming/design of the application :-)

What about seeing if the FreeBSD or NetBSD CD suppliers are interested
in making a Fink CD, since, Mac OSX
and Darwin are heavily based on those OS's in the kernel and 'shell tool
sets'.

> 5) To sell or not to sell - I say we should first worry about getting
> ISOs. Then people can use them or not. Next is we can research whether
> it's possible to make them available to users somehow. I am certainly
> *not* willing to take personal financial risks for this, though.

I'm pretty cynical about ever making any money of off 'free software'.
I'll also point out that those entities
that I'm aware of that play fast and loose with the GPL seem to make
more if they hold off or don't deliver
the source most of the time.