If FinkCommander or a fink gui of somesort would include configuration
GUIs for fink.conf and source.list and was included as a fink pkg so they
could get updates with out having to buy an other CD or reinstall the
software, I'd be game in make the CD, which would install
fink/finkcommander as a pkg type install (Or like the limewire installer
which i think is the nicest I've seen) and would contain a full dists/ dir
of binaries on the cd.  it would be one cd and they could also only get
the dist cd/ inst cd.  the inst cd would be great because it could fit on
a business card disc, which as an admin is very handy, that is how I setup
my debian install disc.  the bin cd should be made on the users system as
point of burn, like debian does using rsync and apple script this would be
very simple.  and of course the bin cd would contain the install disc.

So there would be choice of two types or discs.

  * Install Only
  * Install and Binary Dist

both avail as iso downloads, mail in (this one someone would get paid for,
postage, creation of the cd, and time about 15-20$) or as the selfbuild
which would be the most upto date method.   But of course this is just my
5 cents.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>4) Face it, it's not that trivial to make one, at least if you are
>not willing to do a sloppy job. Sure, anybody can quickly make an
>ISO. But for this, we'll want to test it well, and make sure it
>really works out of the box. Also, it would be nice to provide as
>much convenience as possible (see 2).
>In the IT business, you quickly learn that Quality Assurance can
>easily eat as much time as programming/design of the application :-)

  Justin F. Hallett - Systems Analyst
          Phone: (780)-408-3094
            Fax: (780)-454-3200
        E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]