On 4/25/12 at 6:49 MST, Gary K Olson wrote:

I have the setup mentioned in the article, but I can't run metacity with
gnome-panels, because metacity is not available on 10.7. Could I run quartz-wm
at that point in script?  I don't believe any other window manager is available
on 10.7 yet.

I started quartz-wm at that point in script before replying, and everything
seems to be running now including gnome-panel. I assumed before that if I did
not run another wm in the script, then quartz-wm would run. Silly me. Thanks
for the help on the window frames. I still do not know why other preferences
don't show up, but I am guessing that there are gnome files not yet available
on Lion which are causing the problem.