At 11:37 -0400 on 2012-4-26 Hanspeter Niederstrasser wrote:

 > metacity builds on 10.7 with only minor changes to the .info, but it
 > crashes on startup, which is why it has not been added to 10.7.

Metacity worked for me well last time I tried (I don't care too much
about it in fact but it is required for bundle-gnome).  But then my
changes ("SetCC: llvm-gcc" and "SetCXX: llvm-g++") are probably
different from the official ones.

 > That aside, I've built the rest of bundle-gnome on 10.7 (dasher
 > builds but runs awful though that could be a problem between the
 > keyboard and chair).

I have never used dasher (I don't even know what it does ;-) ), I just
built it because bundle-gnome asked me to...

 > Running gnome-session with quartz-wm works, but the panel
 > misbehaves and likes to cover up window title bars. Maybe a truer
 > x11 wm might behave better.

Apparently fluxbox is also available (never used it though), and so is
enlightenment (my favourite, but tastes may obviously vary).

Cheers,
Stefan

--
If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it
isn't, it ain't.  That's logic.  --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

No HTML emails and proprietary attachments please <http://bruda.ca/ascii>