Dear Terry and colleagues,

“As I have said a number of times, my goal is not to deal with all aspects of
the information concept, and certainly not at the level of human thought. I
merely propose to dissolve the implicit dualism in our current concepts at the
most basic level, so that for example it will be possible to develop a
scientifically grounded theory of molecular biosemiotics.”

Is the crucial point that an expected information content is always referential
to a maximum entropy and therefore a relational concept? The
significance/meaning is thus provided by the redundancy?

I doubt whether this is part of the physics (as you seem to claim). It follows
from the math and is yet content free; in other words, it can be provided with
meaning given any system of reference or, in other words, discourse. The
universality of the claim would thus be based on the mathematical
(dimensionless) character of it.

Best,

Loet