> * Who, if anybody has been maintaining the non-fishfish fish codebase?
> * Does that person (if s/he exists) have any problem with making fishfish
> the default feature branch of fish?

There hasn't been any official structure in who are considered maintainers.
People who've had code to commit and requested it have access to the
repository at gitorious.org/fish-shell, and most of them are on this list.
The list of people with commit access is at
http://gitorious.org/+fish-shell-developers/memberships

I haven't had time yet to check out fishfish, but it's great to see the
effort. Being one of the committers, I think it's great to make/merge it
into the default branch.

Jan