It's well formed, sure, but I would do it like this instead - make heavy
use of attributes - as much as possible for speed, relationships, and
readability, something like this:

<root>
        <clients>
                <client name="Borgo di Colleoli" sector="Property">
                        <discipline name="Direct Mail"/>
                        <discipline name="Advertising"/>
                </client>
                <client name="Royal Bank of Scotland" sector="Finance">
                        <discipline name="Interactive Design"/>
                        <discipline name="Strategy"/>
                </client>
        </clients>
        <sectors>
                <sector name="Property" client="Borgo di Colleoli">
                        <discipline name="Direct Mail"/>
                        <discipline name="Advertising"/>
                        <discipline name="Channel and Sales"/>
                        <discipline name="Interactive Design"/>
                </sector>
        </sectors>
        <disciplines>
                <discipline name="Direct Mail" sector="Property"
client="Borgo di Colleoli"/>
        </disciplines>
</root>

Preferrably if you could find a way to work this, you could also maybe
just do this to reduce redundancy:

<root>
        <clients>
                <client name="Borgo di Colleoli" sector="Property">
                        <discipline name="Direct Mail"/>
                        <discipline name="Advertising"/>
                </client>
                <client name="Royal Bank of Scotland" sector="Finance">
                        <discipline name="Interactive Design"/>
                        <discipline name="Strategy"/>
                </client>
        </clients>
        ..add more here
</root>

...and then make some use of XPath's search features to find the
opposite relationships - i.e. sector to client, discipline to sector,
etc. - though I haven't used it yet so wouldn't have an example to share

Jason Merrill   |   E-Learning Solutions   |  icfconsulting.com

NOTICE:
This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged or
confidential information. If you have received it in error, please notify the
sender immediately and delete the original. Any other use of this e-mail by you
is prohibited.