Not saying it's wrong at all, but just if you think it may be a "newbie"
type question then post it to the appropriate list. Otherwise what's the
point in having 2 lists?

My point really was that this list used to be more about posting
techniques, discoveries, neat tricks - or complex questions, bug
workarounds, undocumented features. We seem to have lost that and moved
on to a bunch of fairly easy to answer (just by googling or checking the
archive, or even god forbid the help docs/live docs) questions. Yes we
can filter them out, but I think they've devalued the core principles
behind this list - hence we seem to have lost key people. Then we end up
in a viscious circle...