Perfect example of what we are talking about:

>>I have a noobie question that cannot be answered on the noob list. I
know it is a
>>noob question because I have been told on this list that it is.
>>
>>But even though I have tried all suggestions I still can not get an
mp3 player to
>>get it's xml list through a Flashvar in the embed tag.

I'm going to get sort of "unfriendly" for a moment.  I hate to, but I
think this illustrates the topic at hand.  Matt,  What makes you think
it can't be answered on the newbie list?  And if you've been told it's a
newbie question, then why NOT ask the newbie list?  We've actually
answered your questions here on Flashcoders regarding that a hundred
different ways.  I think the real problem here, Count Chocula, is you're
not employing basic debugging routines.  You're also assuming that to
"get an mp3 player to get it's xml list through a Flashvar in the embed
tag" is a single problem to tackle with a single answer.  It's not.
That's two separate issues to tackle at minimum.  First tackle getting a
string from Flashvars.  Then push that string to your mp3 player and
debug that.  I think the trace() function will help you a lot. At least
spread some around and tell us what you see. That will be a lot more
useful to us in helping you than just complaining you still can't get it
working and asking us to use our please use our "Actionscript Super
Powers" to save you.  :)

Jason Merrill
Bank of America
Learning Technology Solutions