It would seem I've stirred up a nest of vipers! My point is why bother
with the two lists? If noone can decide what constitutes a "newbie"
question?

Id've thought if most people forget the basics (which happen to us all)
and you're not a code virgin then you wouldn't need to turn to a mailing
list to find the answers.

Forget I spoke.