Fair enough; it is *a* standard. But it is widely used, informative,
and, perhaps most importantly, there is software out there that can
automatically generate documentation from it.

> And by the way, nobody reads those documents anyway.

I do. It's far easier to read one sentence of English than scan ten
lines of cryptic code.

// This is much better commenting
// It's easier to read than all those asterisks
// IMNSHO

Oh I used about 6 asterisks in my example. I don't like huge lines of
them, either.
--
Mike Keesey