I wasn't saying the grammar was incorrect (it is correct), but the subject is dodgy. It's not "pop-culture poem", unless you call Hentai Under-age Anime as pop-culture - well, I suppose it is in Japan, sadly.

Kenneth Kawamoto
http://www.materiaprima.co.uk/

Kerry Thompson wrote:
Kenneth Kawamoto wrote:

I don't know where you got it from, but perhaps it's good that you got
dodgy translation because your Japanese text itself is well dodgy (not
in grammatical sense).

I figured there would be a Japanese speaker who would catch that ^_^

I copied and pasted it from a Japanese Web site. It's a little pop-culture
poem, kind of impressionistic, and poems don't play by the grammar rules.
Perhaps I chose an extreme case to make my point--poems seldom translate
well--but the English gibberish it output certainly shows the limits of machine
translation.

Even though I chose a pop poem, it's from a Japanese Web site, based in Japan, and run by a Japanese company in Japan. I can't vouch for the grammar--I speak Chinese, but not Japanese--but I still stand by my position that machine translation is nowhere near ready for prime time.