Completely unrelated conclusion, there is no relation between charging
10 hours for one hour of work and reusing standard components or not.
If I follow your line of reasoning you say that because you are so
good and can complete it in an hour instead of where someone else
would take 10 it allows you to charge the 10 hours instead of the one?

I think a couple of things are related here:
- what did you communicate to your client? If you say this will cost
you $300 and we use a standard component, and this is involved, these
are the consequences blahblah and he agrees well good for you, I don't
see a problem here (you agree on a fixed price). If you finish it in 1
lucky you, if you spent 20, too bad
- if you tell your client I'll sent you an invoice after its done
based on hours invested, and you spent 1 but send an invoice for 20,
it's being dishonest. I'm all for making money too but honesty does
not exclude making money. Honesty does not exclude smart either :).
- your wages. If you are so damn good that you finish things in 1 hour
instead of 10, one of the places this should be reflected is your
wage. That why you charge $100 an hour instead of $10 for example.
That's why people come to you, because you're that fast and good.
Of course this might differ per location and how much competition there is:)

My 2 cnts, super duper honesty has nothing to do with it.