That's a nearly impossible question, define "simple" define "acceptable" define "pro"...

Generally speaking if you have to ask, you're probably charging too little ;-), but prices vary from region to region and country to country and industry to industry... there are huge differences from hiring some small-time freelancer, and hiring a design or ad agency, or a big-time freelancer, and frankly there's a huge range in quality, too.

I'm primarily a graphic designer, so my charge for a "simple" website is going to involve things like research into the clients competition, a definition of the target audience, a design process involving multiple iterations of design mockups and revisions, all before doing anything in flash or html.

Then there's the question of accessible code, SEO, standards compliance, ownership of artwork, guarantees and maintenance, etc.

Pick up a copy of the Graphic Artists Guild "Pricing and Ethical Guidelines" to get an idea what others in your area are charging, or call up a few of the competition and ask for a quote, and then look at examples of their work...

Michael