Ted, I just found another reason why I'd prefer remoteobject over webservices.

If a cfc extends another component, you cannot access the inherited
functions when using webservices. You will have specifically write
functions in the cfc you are calling to expsore the inherited
functions.

However, when you use remoteobject to access a cfc, you can access
inherited functions without needing to "expose" them..

Indy