Matt Chotin is away this week and has moved from development to product
management and therefore must now choose his words carefully.  I'm still in
development so maybe I can get away with more.

Robert, I don't think we've met, and I haven't gone back to see your past
history with Flex, but I would like to ask  you to think twice about the way
you are trying to get your message across before hitting send.  Sending high
priority messages, and maybe not having all of your facts straight, discredits
your message and invites others to get mad or poke fun or both.  I believe your
message is that Adobe also sells solutions via Scene7 and Adobe Consulting and
could purposefully or accidentally end up competing with independents like
yourself, and that there are alternatives to Flex such as OpenLaszlo and
Silverlight and Quicktime.  That part of your message is not really debatable.
I've worked for Lotus and IBM in my past and they also both sold development
tools and had solutions teams and there is a fine line they have to walk.
Occasionally, they stepped on one of their independents.

It is unfortunate that you've been burned in the past, and you and others
should definitely keep on the lookout for competition whether from Adobe or
other independents.  However, the call to arms to have everyone attend a
webinar did not warrant "red alert" status.  Yellow maybe.  And based on your
past, I'm surprised you would place so much weight on what you would hear in a
webinar or in any public statement by Adobe.  This is a fast moving marketplace
and Adobe can change its mind right after talking to you.  You'll always have
to read the tea leaves and be ready to change course yourself.

Finally, this forum is not an Adobe forum.  There are non-Adobe moderators.  As
far as I'm concerned, you can get on your soapbox anytime you want, but if you
want to reach a wide audience, fire and brimstone may not be the best approach.
 If you just want to vent, please warn us up front.  And when you get on your
soapbox, sometimes you just have a clever comeback line or just ignore the
hecklers, including me.  Yelling back at them is a waste of your energy.  Take
the high road, choose your technologies, remain nimble and good luck to you.

-Alex