----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Andrews" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <flexcoders@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, October 11, 2008 9:19 AM
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] Couple questions

> Bruce, there are a mass of powerpoint to flash converters out there -
> google
> is your friend.
>
> The one I've worked with produced fairly large files and the output is an
> AS1/AS2 swf.
>
> If I were writing a slide player, I'd probably use Flex, though for a
> slide
> player it could probably just as well be all in actionscript so Flash or
> Flex is neither here nor there.

One thing I should add - when I was researching powerpoint to flash
converters a few months back - none of them produced AS3 swfs, so
controlling the playback from Flex (or Flash AS3) is a little problematic -
you'd need an intemediary AS2 swf to talk between the runtime systems. Some
of the converters include players for playing back the converted files.
Eventually I wrote a player using AS2.

Good luck.

Paul