Paul,
      Thanks for the tip.  I wonder if the AS 3.0/Flex library includes
any components that would work as slides players.  My flex builder
application is having problems when I try to pull up the help
files/documents.  So, would you know of where I could go to find info.
on what is available in terms of components and  such...  even if I had
to extend something that is probably better than starting from scratch
if something close to what I need already exists.
Bruce